The Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences pursue the following goals at the international level:
- Strengthen the science location Switzerland by way of science policy activities, above all to shape the European Research Area. Beyond Europe, the Academies cooperate with other national actors.
- Strengthen scientific policy advice by contributing scientific expertise to networks and processes, primarily in Europe, but also globally.
- Promote research with the International Balzan Prize by supporting the International Balzan Prize Foundation, which awards this Prize that is endowed with 750,000 Swiss Francs, in organisation and outreach activities.
- Strengthen human rights and ethics in science through the engagement of a «Delegate for Human Rights» on the human rights - science nexus and by contributing to the work of European and international organisations regarding ethics.
- Expand cooperation with partner organisations by way of organising joint scientific meetings, contributions at international events, collaboration in multinational associations and bilateral agreements.
Contact: Dr Roger Pfister, Head of International Cooperation